So, I'm pretty sure that Jenny Owen Youngs is, by far, the most cOOOOOlest person I have ever met in my entire life!
Jenny Owen Youngs is a feisty, hyper-sensitive, disease-free singer/songwriter/former girl scout who wants to be your friend. claiming influences from Beck to Jesus Christ Superstar to Britney Spears, her music is an echo of Erin Mckeown hopping into Jeff Buckley's Pontiac, cruising backwoods Alabama red dirt roads and singing along to The Sundays and Nick Drake. Her songs straddle the heart-wrenching and the tongue-in-cheek and say giddyup...
Usually, I'm not able to concentrate on people's personal blogs (other then tao lin) but with Jenny's blog
it's just not possible for me to get bored with it. Her humor/personality jus kills me! (in the good, wholesome sort of way lol).
Plus it also helps that she
1. does crazy covers at her shows
such as beyonce, boys2men, postal service, kelly clarkson, regina spektor, kelis, 50cent, oasis, pocahontas, missy elliot.....
2. sold me her "i got knocked up by jenny owen youngs" t-shirt then gave me a free bat sticker and took a pic wit us at her show
3. she uses "wicked" in her vocabulary
4. she has a podcast entitled "Once more with feeling
" with episodes called "coffee takes her clothes off" and "a lohan holiday with shervin"
(which just points to her awesomeness even more for she reads the buffy comics as well!)
5. has hilarious merchandise
6. has pictures of sharks, weird restaurant art, and silly car wash signs on her flickr account
7. she did the best cover of nelly's "hot in herre" with an even better video
8. is a member of Robot Explosion
and friends with The Age of Rockets
9. has the funniest in-between song commentary at shows
annnnd she took the time to thank all her fans with this heartfelt note: ...Before I get into anything else, I would like to thank you (yes, you) for your involvement in my life in 2007. You came to a show. You made one of my songs your MySpace profile song. You gave me a hug. You bought my record. You joined the forum on my website. You included something of mine on a mix CD for your boyfriend, your girlfriend, or the asshole who deserted you. You brought me music, chocolate, a book, or (most likely) a shark. You listened to the podcast I make with Bess and Andrew. You asked for a picture with me and didn't even blink when I told you the pose had to be "finale of your high school musical." You read this blog.
You've helped me feel incredibly blessed. Thank you.
I cannnot wait for her new album to come out, wheneva that is!
ungs" target="_blank"><img src="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f